|Tasks and Milestones
|KICK OFF THE PLANNING EFFORT:
• Organize planning team
• Gather and update data
• Ask the public for ideas about what issues should be addressed in the planning effort ("scoping")
• Formalize planning partnerships with other government agencies
• Meet with the Monument Advisory Committee
|DEVELOP THE DRAFT RMP/ EIS
• Work internally and with partners to identify a range of possible management approaches
• Document the current state of resources and uses that would be affected by the plan
• Analyze the potential impacts of the possible management approaches on the planning area
• Meet with the Monument Advisory Committee and Cooperating Agencies
|Summer 2015-Summer 2018
|Publish the Draft RMP/EIS
Provide a 90 day public review and comment period.
|Develop the Proposed RMP/Final EIS
• Use public and partner comments to build on the Draft RMP/EIS and correct any errors
• Develop the BLM's proposed plan—generally a refinement of one of the management approaches described in the Draft—while considering public comments, input from agency partners and the Monument Advisory Committee, and BLM priorities.
|Publish the Proposed RMP/Final EIS
• Provide 30 days during which members of the public who have participated in the planning process can "protest" aspects of the proposed management decisions with which they disagree.
• Provide 60 days for the WA Governor's office to review the plan for consistency with state and local plans, policies, and programs. The Governor's Office may provide recommendations for making the proposed plan more consistent.
|Publish Record of Decision and Approved RMP